- Chemical Formula: C16H18ClN3S
- Molecular Mass: 319.85
- Synonyms: Methylthioninium chloride
- Molar Mass: 319.85
- CAS Number: 61-73-4
- PubChem: 6099
- Total Amount of the Active Ingredient: 5mg/1ml
- Shelf Life: 36 months
- Methylene Blue is an antidote in cyanide poisoning. It inhibits guanylate cyclase, decreasing C-GMP and vascular smooth muscle relaxation.
All of our products are lab tested and the results are occasionally published on the website.
You can have the product you bought from us tested at any HPLC licensed testing facility and if the results are negative, we will refund the following:
- Cost of HPLC test
- Total amount of the order + shipping fee
All of our products are lab tested and the results are periodically published on the website.
Peer Reviewed Studies
- Relationship between cyclic guanosine 3': 5'-monophosphate formation and relaxation of coronary arterial smooth muscle by glyceryl trinitrate, nitroprusside, nitrite and nitric oxide: effects of methylene blue and methemoglobin
Gruetter, C. A., Gruetter, D. Y., Lyon, J. E., Kadowitz, P. J., & Ignarro, L. J. (1981)
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 219(1), 181-186.
Coërs, C. (1952)
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry, 15(3), 211.