- Chemical Formula: C50H69N15O9
- Molecular Mass: 1024.2
- Synonyms: 121062-08-6, Melanotan-II, MT-II
- CAS Number: 121062-08-6
- PubChem: 92432
- Total Amount of the Active Ingredient: 10 mg (1 vial)
- Shelf Life: 36 months
- Melanotan II is an analog of the alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH), a natural hormone involved in maintaining energy balance, stimulating melanin synthesis, and promoting sexual functions. Originally developed in the 1980s, after observing rodents administered with α-MSH began to be sexually aroused and the darkening of the skin persisted. Melanotan II is a variant of afamelanotide that produces eumelanin in the skin, which has been associated in research with boosting antioxidant activities, improving DNA repair processes, and regulating inflammation.
All of our products are lab tested and the results are occasionally published on the website.
You can have the product you bought from us tested at any HPLC-licensed testing facility and if the results are negative, we will refund the following:
- Cost of HPLC test
- Total amount of the order + shipping fee
Independent Test Results
All of our products are lab tested and the results are periodically published on the website.
- Melanocortin receptor agonists, penile erection, and sexual motivation: human studies with Melanotan II.
Wessells, H., Levine, N., Hadley, M. E., Dorr, R., & Hruby, V. (2000). International journal of impotence research, 12(4), S74-S79.
- Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic melanotropic peptide in a pilot phase-I clinical study.
Dorr, R. T., Lines, R., Levine, N., Brooks, C., Xiang, L., Hruby, V. J., & Hadley, M. E. (1996). Life Sciences, 58(20), 1777-1784.