- Chemical Formula: C12H10N2
- Molecular Mass: 182.226
- Synonyms: 9-Methyl-9H-β-carboline 9-Methylnorharman 9-MBC N-Methyl-β-carboline
- Molar Mass: 182.226
- CAS Number: 2521-07-5
- PubChem: 164979
- Total Amount of the Active Ingredient: 500mg
- Shelf Life: 36 months
- 9-Me-BC is a substance classified as a monoamine oxidase A inhibitor. It hinders the degradation of amine neurotransmitters that are responsible for serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine production.
All of our products are lab tested and the results are occasionally published on the website.
You can have the product you bought from us tested at any HPLC licensed testing facility and if the results are negative, we will refund the following:
- Cost of HPLC test
- Total amount of the order + shipping fee
All of our products are lab tested and the results are periodically published on the website.
Peer Reviewed Studies
- 9-Methyl-β-carboline inhibits monoamine oxidase activity and stimulates the expression of neurotrophic factors by astrocytes
Keller, S., Polanski, W. H., Enzensperger, C., Reichmann, H., Hermann, A., & Gille, G. (2020)
Journal of Neural Transmission, 127(7), 999-1012.
- 9‐Methyl‐β‐carboline‐induced cognitive enhancement is associated with elevated hippocampal dopamine levels and dendritic and synaptic proliferation
Gruss, M., Appenroth, D., Flubacher, A., Enzensperger, C., Bock, J., Fleck, C., ... & Braun, K. (2012)
- Journal of neurochemistry, 121(6), 924-931.